Skip to content

REAL ID coming to Alfalfa County

The Alfalfa County Tag agency will have their REAL ID system installed on Thursday, Oct. 15.

REAL ID compliant driver licenses and identification cards have a gold star in the upper right-hand corner of the license to indicate it is REAL ID compliant. This is the only physical difference from a non-compliant credential, but it allows airport and federal officials to quickly identify the card.

You will be given a temporary paper identification during your visit to get a REAL ID. Your official REAL ID will be mailed to you in 5-7 business days.

Those under 18 are not required to get the REAL ID.

Here is a list of what will be needed to obtain the REAL ID:

• You will need to provide proof of identity/lawful presence in the U.S. The document must be an original or a certified copy. Notarized documents are not accepted. Please select one document from the following: state-issued birth certificate, unexpired U.S. Passport, unexpired permanent resident card, unexpired employment authorization card, valid, unexpired foreign passport with a valid, unexpired U.S. visa and valid I-94, naturalization certificate, consular report of birth abroad or certificate of citizenship.

If your name is different from the document which is presented from Section One (1) above (due to adoption, marriage, divorce, court-ordered name change), or is not the same on all your documents, you must provide additional documents with legal proof of every name change. Each document must be an original or a certified copy.

Notarized documents are not accepted. Please bring one (1) document from the list for every name change from your Section One document to your current name: An official government-issued marriage certificate/license, court-ordered or legal name change document(s), court-ordered divorce decree, a government-issued death certificate of spouse which includes a connection to your current full legal name or legal adoption paperwork.

• You must provide proof of your Social Security number. The document must be an original or a certified copy. Notarized documents are not accepted. Please select one (1) document from the list: Current W-2 or 1099 showing full  Social Security number, Current pay stub showing full Social Security number, Social Security Card or on-SSA 1099 form.

• You must provide two (2) proofs of your current Oklahoma address. Both your name and current residential address must appear on the documents. Junk mail or personal letters will not be accepted. 3. Forwarded mail will not be accepted. Please bring two (2) documents from the list: Copy of previous year’s federal or Oklahoma tax return filing, Utility bill (electric, telephone [home or cell], water, sewer, cable, satellite, heating oil or propane provider), Installment loan contract from a bank, or other financial institution (payday loan company documents are not accepted), Current deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, or a residential lease, Property tax bill or receipt dated within the last 12 months, Professional license issued by an Oklahoma governmental agency, Certified copy of court order, Valid concealed carry permit, Current Certificate of Eligibility for  Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status (DS-2019) W-2 wage or 1099 tax form from previous year, Social Security Administration (SSA) document with Oklahoma street address, dated within the last 12 months, Oklahoma high school, college, university or technology center transcript for current school year or semester, Transportation Security Administration, (TSA) letter or TWIC card, Oklahoma motor vehicle title or registration, Oklahoma boat title or registration, Tribal vehicle title or license, Sales tax or business license, Current homeowner or renter insurance policy or statement, Public assistance benefit card and correspondence dated within past 12 months, Correspondence from Oklahoma state agency or federal agency with current address, dated within last 12 months (not forwarded), Current and valid life insurance or automobile liability policy or card with address, Current documents issued by U.S. military, Oklahoma agriculture exemption permit card (farm tax permit), Pilot’s license, Oklahoma voter registration card, Any item delivered by the United States Postal Service, FedEx, or UPS sent by a verifiable business or government agency, For a minor, a DPS Shared Residency Form, completed by a parent or legal guardian living at the same residence address, For a minor, a residency document in their parents’ name by presenting a tracing document (such as a birth certificate) showing the relationship, School enrollment records, A letter from a homeless shelter, transitional service provider or a halfway house verifying they receive mail for the customer. The letter must be accompanied by a Certification of Address form.

Here are the prices for the Real ID:

• Non-commercial: first time, $42.50, those who are getting an Oklahoma driver license for the first time or transferring an out-of-state license; renew, $38.50, those who are renewing an Oklahoma driver license and you may renew within one year of its renewal date; convert/replace, $25, those who are converting your current non-real ID compliant driver license or identification card to be REAL ID compliant more than one year away from your renewal date or When replacing a lost REAL ID driver license or identification card.

• Senior REAL ID costs: age 62, $21.25; age 63, $17.50; age 64, $13.75; age 65 or older, free.

• Oklahoma identification card: $25, for those who are obtaining an Oklahoma REAL ID identification card at any time and this card is not a driver license, but will work for all other REAL ID purposes.

• Commercial: first time, Class A, $81.50, Class B, $71.50, Class C, $61.50, for those who getting an Oklahoma CDL for the first time or transferring an out-of-state CDL; renew, Class A, $56.50, Class B, $56.50, Class C, $46.50, for those who are renewing an Oklahoma CDL; replace, $25, for those who are replacing their current Oklahoma REAL ID CDL; and hazmat endorsement, $25.

The REAL IDs will be valid for four years.

Leave a Comment