The Alfalfa County Commissioners met at 10 a.m., Monday, Dec. 14, for their weekly meeting.
The meeting was called to order with Jay Hague, Stan Tucker and Marvin Woodall present.
The minutes, maintenance and operation warrants for payment and blanket purchase orders were approved first.
No road crossing permits were submitted for approval.
The commissioners opened and accepted the six month bids.
Next, a resolution for fairboard filing period and possible election dates were approved as follows:
“Be it remembered that on the 14th day of December, 2020 at a regular meeting of the Board of Commissioners of Alfalfa County, Oklahoma, the following resolution was adopted:
WHEREAS, the County Commissioners of Alfalfa County, Oklahoma resolves that, in according with 2 O.S. 15-68, as amended by SB223 of the revised 2014 Oklahoma Legislative Session, the Alfalfa County Fair Board Members shall be elected as follows:
1. The filing period for such election shall consist of five (5) consecutive business days and shall commence on January 04, 2020 and end on January 08, 2020.
2. Prospective candidates must file with the County Clerk, 300 S Grand, Suite 5, Cherokee, OK, on the second floor on the form prescribed by the Board of Commissioners of Alfalfa County, Oklahoma.
3. The Election shall be held on Tuesday, January 12, 2020 between the hours of 7:00AM and 4:30 PM
District #1 – County Barn, 64784 Latimer Road, Byron, OK
District #2 – County Barn, 400 S Euclid, Cherokee, OK
District #3 – County, Barn, 100 S Kingman, Helena, OK
4. Only registered voters of Alfalfa County shall be eligible to file as a candidate.
5. Any person so filing must reside in the Commissioner’s district they seek to represent.
THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, by the Board of Commissioners of Alfalfa County, Oklahoma, to adopt the above resolution.
ADOPTED THIS 14th day of December, 2020.
Board of County Commissioners.”
Those up for this election are Jeff Waugh, District 1; Tom Chace, District 2; and Jessica Peery, District 3.
Next, a declaration of surplus and resolution for disposing of equipment for District 3 for a 2017 John Deer 672 G Grader were approved with Tucker abstaining.
Also approved were two transfer documents. The first was from Emergency Management to Sheriff’s Department for NX-5700K Kenwood VHF50 Watt Mobile Radio and NX-5200KS Kenwood VHF6 Watt Portable Radio with DMR and NXDN Capability.
The second was from 1305-1-2000-2005 Contingency fund sales tax M&O to 1311-1-2000-2005 General government sales tax M&O for $12,426.32 to close out the old chart of accounts number per the auditor.
A funding agreement for coronavirius aid, relief and economic security act Oklahoma CARES PPE reimbursement for $13,888 was approved.
The bridge inspection invoice and report of conference for all three districts were approved as well.
The final item of business was approving a certificate of compliance for OMMA businesses for OMMA and compliance letter for 77 Grow.
After hearing no unforeseen business, the meeting adjourned.