The Burlington Board of Education met at 8 p.m., Monday, Dec. 14 for their monthly meeting.
The meeting was called to order with Terry Graham, Robert Hill, April Kisling, T.J. Rockenbach and Aaron Smith present.
Also present were Superintendent Dr. Stacey Croft, Principal Tim Bart and Minutes Clerk Tracy Granados.
The consent agenda was approved first as follows:
• Agenda as part of the minutes.
• Minutes from Nov. 16 meeting.
• Clarification of duplicate change orders from October 2020 included in the November 2020 meeting.
Next, the encumbrances, change orders, warrants and November activity fund report were approved.
At 8:23 p.m. the board convened into executive session to discuss certified personnel status of evaluations and the ongoing evaluation of the performance of the superintendent.
The board returned to open session and took no action.
Dr. Croft gave her report:
• Graham was congratulated on another 5-year term as school board member. Graham ran unopposed in his election.
Bart gave his report:
• Trevor Ridgeway will be speaking to students on Tuesday, December 15 regarding bullying.
• Semester tests are scheduled for Thursday and Friday, December 17 and 18. Christmas break will begin on Monday, December 21 and students will return to begin the second semester on Monday, January 4.
Under new business, the resignation of Mark Guffy, maintenance, effective Dec. 31, and Dr. Croft, superintendent, effective June 30, were approved.
The meeting adjourned at 10:26 p.m.
The Burlington Board of Education met at 6 p.m., Dec. 17 for a special called meeting.
The meeting was called to order with Graham, Hill, Kisling, Rockenbach and Smith present.
The agenda as part of the minutes was approved first.
Next, Graham provided the board members with information regarding the use of OSSBA services in the superintendent search. The board discussed potential questions to ask candidates in the search to fill the position of superintendent as well as qualities, traits, skills and desired goals for the future superintendent. No action was taken.
The meeting adjourned at 7:03 p.m.