The Burlington Board of Education met at 8 a.m., Monday, Jan. 18, for their regular meeting.
The meeting was called to order with Terry Graham, Robert Hill and Aaron Smith present. April Kisling and T.J. Rockenbach were absent.
The consent agenda was approved first as follows:
• Agenda as part of the minutes.
• December 14 regular meeting minutes.
• December 17 special meeting minutes.
• January 7 special meeting minutes.
Next, the encumbrances, change orders, warrants, December 2020 activity report were approved and the exposure control plan was reaffirmed.
The quote for Chromebooks for the 2020-2021 school year was approved.
Superintendent Dr. Stacey Croft presented appreciation certificates to the board members for their years of service. The board members and their years of service are as follows:
• Graham, 25 years.
• Smith, nine years.
• Rockenbach, six years.
• Hill, five years.
• Kisling, two years.
At 8:27 a.m., the board convened into executive session for the purpose of discussing the principal evaluation with no vote to be taken in open session and to review, interview and discuss the employment of a superintendent.
No action was taken after the board returned to open session.
Croft reported that the school had a COVID exposure and the fourth through sixth grades were quarantined.
Principal Tim Bart gave his report:
• The high school had eight students who made the Superintendent’s Honor Roll, 4.0 GPA, and 10 students who made the Principal’s Honor Roll, no grade less than a B while the Junior High had three students who made the Superintendent’s Honor Roll and 11 that made the Principal’s Honor Roll.
• The Cherokee Strip Tournament starts Thursday, January 21 and Burlington is the host school this year. It is recommended that adults wear masks when attending and students 5th grade and younger must be under direct parental supervision when attending the tournament.
• The current basketball schedule has been updated but this is an ever-changing process.
• The District basketball tournament will be held at Timberlake with Burlington, Medford, Kremlin-Hillsdale and Timberlake participating.
After hearing no new business, the meeting adjourned at 9:59 a.m.