A&B FD fundraiser set for March 27
The Amorita-Byron Volunteer Fire Department will be holding their annual soup supper and pie auction at 5 p.m. Saturday, March 27, at the Byron Fire Station.
The 29-member department uses the proceeds from the supper and auction to help fund their equipment and training needs.
They have recently purchased new Digital Radios and have completed a 16 hr Vehicle Rescue Technician Class.
They have also installed a 50’x50’ concrete Helipad just north of the Fire Station equipped with Night vision lighting to aid in Air Evac transportation.
Currently the department utilizes 7 different pieces of equipment that include:
• Rescue truck/pumper equipped with jaws of life, automated external defibrillator, oxygen, first response tools, water rescue tools, compressed air foam system and more.
• Three brush rigs with 300 gallon tanks, fire suppression and drip torches.
• Brush pumper with 1,000 gallon tank, fire suppression foam and ladders.
• Water tanker with a 3,000 gallon tank, dump tank, floating pump and positive pressure fan.
• Support trailer with SCBA air refill station for breathing apparatus, extrication tools, lights, generator, etc…
Amorita-Byron Fire Department covers from about the Medicine River east to the county line and from just north of State Highway 11 to the state line which is 130 square miles.
Firefighters/First Responders include: Chief Brad Rieger, Assistant Chief Shane Morgan, Jared Cass, Josh Allen, Steve Clark, Jonny Guffy, Brooke Meyer, Reggie Hague, T.J. Rockenbach, Bob Rockenbach, Caleb Walborn, Ty Smith, Jay Hague, T.J. Matzke, Lane Pruett, Kevin Jantz, Becky Guffy, Alisha Matzke, Tanner Rieger, Sis Rockenbach, Tateyn Rieger, Tanner Cloyd, Sasha Kirkpatrick, Shelly Stewart, Garet Harden, Caleb Roberts, Kade Keast, Stanley Klippenstein, and Elisha Downing.
Donations may also be sent to A&B Firefighters Association at 502 4th Street Byron, OK 73722.