Dozens gathered Friday morning at the Alfalfa County Courthouse to celebrate the 100th year anniversary of the courthouse being built.
The Alfalfa County Elected Officers welcomed the group to the celebration and then Senator Roland Pederson and Representative Carl Newton spoke to the crowd.
When the cornerstone on the building possibly was being taken out, the time capsule was found with the following items in it:
• Cherokee Republican from November 16,1918.
• Wichita Eagle from May 8, 1915.
• Aline Chronoscope from September 16, 1921.
• The Goltry Leader from September 16, 1921.
• Helena Star from September 15, 1921.
• The Jet Visitor from September 15, 1921.
• German Iron Cross brought home by Alfalfa County soldier.
• Sugar distribution certificate.
• Bible presented by the Corinthian Lodge #307.
• Box of coins from Smith Drug Store.
• “With The Colors” book honoring Alfalfa County Serviceman.
• Various other historical documents.
New items will be placed in a time capsule and placed back in the spot where the old time capsule was removed.
The State Masonic Lodge performed a ceremony rededicating the cornerstone.
Guests were treated to light refreshments.